Find Us In Burscough
Looking for a massage near you? Find Us in Burscough Wharf
What is Thai Massage?
Believed to be over 2000 years old, the Ancient Art of Thai Massage was developed as a therapeutic method of healing the sick and injured. Traditional Thai Massage is an ancient art with roots in Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine. The techniques then found their way to Thailand where they have been practiced for over 2,500 years. Traditional Thai Massage is rooted in the Buddist philosophy of Metta, the art of giving with loving touch and kindness.
How is Thai Massage Unique?
It is different from what most in the West. The body is compressed, pulled, stretched and rocked in order to clear energy blockages and relieve tension. The practitioner uses thumbs, palms, forearms, elbows, knees and feet to open joints, stretch muscles and tendons, tone internal organs and balance energy. Can be relaxing, energizing or therapeutic.
“Anyone can benefit from Thai Massage, those of any age and size including those with high levels of stress, physical injury or those experiencing emotional and physical blockages.”
Benefits of Thai Massage
– Help detoxification of the body and boost immune system
– Increase blood circulation, lower blood pressure
– Good for muscle relaxation, increase flexibility in your muscles, increase mobility
– Improve breathing
– Improves posture, balance, corrects body alignments and dissolves energy blockages
– Improves athletic performance
– Help arthritis and back pain
– Help tone the body, strengthen joints and fight diseases, including chronic joint problems
– Prevents illnesses and alleviates degenerative diseases
– Slows the aging process
– Improve your outlook towards life; builds an emotional balance
– Help with concentration and creativity/ Mind and body concentration
– Clear and calm your mind
– Help you gain mental clarity
– Reduce and relieve stress and anxiety
– Help people boost their inner energy levels
– Develop discipline and self-control
– Achieve better health, increases health and vitality
– Raise the energy level and stamina
– Build internal power (and creates a natural confidence)
The Thai massage practitioner uses their body weight which client uses his or her breath control to move deeper into and out of each posture. Working together, the therapist and the client can obtain a more thorough massage than when working alone. Working within a safe range of motion the practitioner alternates between gentle and deeper techniques to help the client release tension and open up the flow of energy and vitality. Unique to this practice are the direct and clear intentions of the practitioner to affect the physiology and energetics of the body and mind of the recipient. Explained in another way, Thai Massage has a way of opening and aligning one’s chakras enhancing the energy flow in the body.
The practice of Nuad Boran is rooted in the Buddhist philosophy of Metta, loving touch and kindness.